Performing due diligence before signing a cloud SLA
By Colin J. Zick, partner, Foley Hoag LLP and contributor, SearchCloudComputing.com 12-Jan-2012
- Data security during transmission and storage;
- Data privacy and confidentiality;
- Rights of access in general as well as access for local governments and e-discovery;
- Data ownership;
- Suspension and termination of service;
- Forming and negotiating service level agreements (SLAs) with cloud providers.
Out of control
"You might want the cloud provider to agree to adhere to HIPAA standards, even if they’re not required by law to do so."
-- Colin J. Zick, partner, Foley Hoag LLP