CommunicAsia 2012 (Singapore)
Conference theme: Cloud computing -- the next wave
Venue: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Organizer: Singapore Exhibition Services Pte Ltd
11.20 Keynote Presentation: Mobile Cloud and Amazon Web Services
Cloud Computing is the right platform to power any Mobile service. Flexibility, on-demand, rapid provisioning and pay-as-you-go make it ideal to quickly launch your service to the market, with no upfront fees. In this talk, we’ll discuss the technical details on how to take advantage of the Amazon Web Services cloud platform.
Speaker: Simone Brunozzi, Technology Evangelist, APAC Amazon Web Services
11.40 2012 -- The Year Of Overload
Facts & Figures; Types & Causes of Overload; Consequences; What we can do
Speaker: Toby Ruckert, CEO, Unifiedinbox.com
12.00 Cloud computing service models - strategies, challenges and differentiation
- How to leverage on the fact that cloud computing models have been storming the world in the last few years.
- A look at the vast potential for innovations & the variety of service models that have evolved
- Examining fundamental service models
- A look at architecture and infrastructure behind the models
- The potential long term benefits offered to consumers through these service Models
Speaker: Rajesh Kumar Sundararajan, Assistant Vice President – Product Line Marketing, Aricent Technologies
12.20 IT Solutions for Virtualization: User Freedom through the Cloud
- How consumers having unprecedented access to technology affects the market
- The market offers low cost, high powered mobile devices with massive catalogues of ever-evolving applications addressing consumers entertainment and business needs, in addition to high levels of connectivity.
- In stark contrast, IT struggles to manage the risk of these changes in the enterprise with regards to security and compliance.
- How organizations can and need to embrace this evolving trend or face irrelevance not only in the eyes of their customers, but in their very own employees themselves.
Speaker: Matthew Hardman, Senior Product Manager, VMware
13.45 Using Mobile Clouds to Create the Perfect Storm
- The climate creating the need for innovation
- The initiatives that are laying the groundwork for innovation
- The real-world delivery of innovation based on those platforms
- It will also include a demonstration of a cloud-based mobile messaging system.
- Hear case studies of successful implementation and of innovative new services.
Speaker: Pardeep Kohli, CEO and President, Mavenir Systems
14.25 From ‘Chaos’ to Effective Collaboration: Unveiling the True Power of the Cloud
- With the maturity of Cloud Computing, Cloud orchestration will be a big priority as companies extend their capabilities with integrated management of Cloud resources identified to be key in 2012
- Beyond traditional data-centric applications and basic voice: Find out how companies can embrace a new set of collaborative experiences and services with Cloud to innovate at a quicker pace, improve internal and external customer satisfaction, and reduce both Capex and Opex investments
- Understanding latest trends, developments, opportunities and how they affect enterprises in Asia today
- Find out how forward thinking companies are leveraging the true benefits of the Cloud platform today with research data from Avaya, in-depth global case analyses and practical advice on specific solutions to adopt
- Demystify the chaos and gain a better understanding of how to synchronize collaboration with customers and partners for greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness
Speaker: Muneyb Minhazuddin, CTO, Avaya Asia Pacific
14.45 What Makes a Cloud Rain
- Utilizing new disruptive technologies to deliver cloud services
- Delivering a totally ubiquitous cloud service to the enterprise and SMB end users
- New business models and partners to deliver industry Cloud Services in a transparent manner
- How will the expected level of service for cloud be accomplished?
- Ensuring the cloud service provider meets or exceeds the service and performance, as if the application software programs were installed locally on end-user computers.
- Enabling the cloud enterprise with agility & empowerment
Speaker: Barry Lerner, South Pacific Regional CIO, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
15.20 The Cloud and connectivity service collaboration
- Introduction of Cloud Solutions
- How does Cloud improve enterprises’ efficiency and productivity
- What solutions does PCCW offer to integrate Cloud Solutions with connectivity
- Examples of Cloud applications
Speaker: Jordick Wong, Senior VP -- Product & Vendor Management, PCCW Global
15.40 Key Factor for ICT Cloud Deployment
- Ensuring that all players in the cloud value chain should benefit from cloud bonus
- ICT Carriers increases revenue by exploiting "everything as a service", and reduces TCO through Cloud operation
- Telco carriers should make full use of the Telco infrastructure and bring in additional IT advantage to meet the ICT requirement of end user
- The need to focus on service delivery and application adaption, which will help carriers shorten the Time To Market and obtain profit
- Since there are many kinds of cloud applications, for Telco carrier, they should make it sure that every application is capable of utilizing the infrastructure they provide without any or with little inconvenience
Speaker: Lv A Bin, Vice President, ZTE Corporation
16.00 Managing the Legal Risks of Cloud Computing
- Highlighting key legal risks of cloud computing, including:
- jurisdiction: which law applies in the cloud
- data location: location legal risks and applicable data protection obligations
- data security: non-compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- SLA: concept of service availability, service quality, service outages
- retrieval and destruction of data
- How to effectively mitigate such risks associated with cloud computing services
- Best practice round-up – useful tips and tools to help your organization take full advantage of cloud computing services
Speaker: Rosemary Lee, Counsel (Strategic Business Services Group), Pinsent Masons MPillay LLP