Cloud Security Alliance to set up APAC headquarters
By Asia Cloud Forum editors 29-Feb-2012
Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) today announced the set up the CSA Asia Pacific (APAC) headquarters, with locations to be identified in Q2 2012.
"Asia Pacific plays a critical role in the future of cloud computing. A stronger physical presence for CSA in this region will help us provide greater access and support to governments, businesses and our rapidly growing members and partners in the region," said Aloysius Cheang, the newly appointed managing director for CSA Asia Pacific.
CSA currently has presence in 10 countries in APAC. The city-specific chapters and chapters-in-development are Australia, China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Thailand, New Zealand, Pakistan, and Singapore.
CSA also appointed Trend Micro, a founding sponsor of CSA APAC, to chair the CSA executive council.
"We applaud and support CSA’s efforts in education and research around cloud security and are excited for this opportunity to be co-founders of the CSA APAC headquarters. Asia Pacific is an extremely heterogeneous region and standardization of data governance policies, especially for cloud environments, will be key in helping accelerate adoption of cloud computing," said Eva Chen, CEO, Trend Micro.
APAC goals, initiatives
CSA has announced a series of goals and initiatives specifically for Asia Pacific. These include:
- Selecting the APAC headquarters location, to be completed in Q2 2012;
- Engaging regional key stake holders including government, legal experts, service providers, technology providers and consumers;
- Customizing and developing the relevant best practices and standards for the APAC market;
- Building a center of excellence for research and training;
- Establishing a global standards secretariat within APAC;
- Serving as a regional hub for corporate members looking to bridge the gap between the West and the East; and
- Serving as a cloud operations magnet for corporate members and providing support for emerging growth members.